Friday, September 19, 2008

You Probably Don't Care, but...

What can I say I am a proud dad!

To qualify this, I have a special chamber in my brain. Over the entrance to that chamber hangs a very prominently displayed sign that, in bold capital letters, reads "DISDAIN". In this chamber I house my contempt for all of the people of the world who find it necessary to send letters with their Christmas cards that serve as an annual resume for their children's accomplishments over the past 365 days.
You know the ones.....We are very proud of our Tommy as this past spring he was accepted into the Eastern Wyoming Conservatory for the Very Well Adjusted Preteens, and we can't rave enough about our little Susie's recently published research study on the correlation between Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the number of Twinkies that children eat....

You know who you are....we don't care!

With all that said....let the world know that this week my little Lilly was recognised as a literary award winner by the North Carolina Young Writers Association.

I'm proud....so sue me.

No comments: