Friday, September 19, 2008

Conflict and Life

OK, so if life is truly defined by conflict (good v. evil, right v. wrong, healthy v. sick, light v. dark, breath v. stop breathing, happy v. sad....think about it, everything which shapes our universe is defined by conflict), then here is what I believe about life's legacy.

No one's legacy will ever be defined by the hardships which they encountered. Hardships are brought on by natural events which are a direct result of the conflict by which our existence is defined (see above paragraph). That sort of definition would lend to the argument that a flower's beauty is best defined by the soil in which it is planted.

No, we are not defined by that which is out of our direct control (which is indeed most everything). We are defined by our attitude toward those things.

I do not have faith that I will continue to live through the hardships...I have faith because the hardships teach me to live.

No comments: